Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. Honey, lime, and chicken? In an enchilada? Really? But I promise – it’s very, very good. So good. They are just slightly sweet from the honey but have wonderful tang from the lime with a creamy, cheesy chicken filling. I wasn’t sure that anything would top my regular, favorite enchiladas but these completely did.
I see another round of these coming up very soon in our future…
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 5 tbsp. lime juice, from 2-3 limes
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 lb Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and mix the first five ingredients together. Toss with shredded chicken and refrigerate; allow to marinate for at least 30 min.
- Using 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, coat the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, then roll up the filled tortillas and place them in the bottom of the pan, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
- Mix the cream with the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top of enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered with tinfoil.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, until bubbly and brown on top.