This is my own version of Trisha Yearwood’s potato salad from her cookbook, Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen 🙂
So, I finally got around to making the potato salad out of a said cookbook. I made it the night before. I think potato salad just gets better the longer it sits.
The recipe is very basic but very good! I know this is a sin – but I don’t have a picture! I did take a few, but they didn’t turn out. It just looked like a yellow blob. Ugh – sorry!
Trisha Yearwood’s Potato Salad Ingredients
- 5 lbs. red potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2 in. cubes
- 2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sweet pickle relish
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp. pimento, drained
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
1. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tsp. salt and enough water to cover the potatoes.
2. Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with the point of a knife but hold their shape. (I definitely did not cook them for this long. Probably only 20ish minutes.)
3. Drain the potatoes, transfer them to a large mixing bowl, and allow them to cool completely.
4. Add the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, sweet relish, pimento, mustard, paprika, sugar, and salt & pepper. old gently to combine.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.