I don’t really consider myself a picky eater (some might disagree) but I am super picky about coleslaw. Have you ever tried some flavorless, soggy, mushy, coleslaw in your life? I have. Cabbage is crisp and delicious – so my pick is Pineapple Coleslaw!
As I tasted a lot of soggy coleslaw in my life, I wasn’t sure I can make it at home. I had the list of ingredients, but I was just terrified by the idea of getting a cabbage mess. But I was more curious, so here I am, happy with my Pineapple coleslaw! You can make a great coleslaw at home, it is easy, not mushy, not soggy, and has a lot of flavor, even sweetness as we will add pineapples.
Pineapple Coleslaw Ingredients
- 1 (16 oz.) package coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. grated onion
- 1 tbsp. sugar, or to taste
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. celery salt
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped (dry well)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl whisk sour cream, sugar, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Add in the coleslaw mix and the pineapple.
- Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning.
- Cover and let the coleslaw sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour.