In this post I have 2 recipes: Keto buffalo chicken dip and my version of classic Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Once someone brought Crack Dip for our friends gathering. I mean Buffalo Chicken Dip. It was so, so, so good. Oh my goodness. After I tried it, I kept eyeballing the dish to see if there was any left! Yum! I have finally found a reason to make it at home. Buffalo dip is a perfect TV show watching food. Too bad it’s all pretty much bad for you! 🙂 Try this and enjoy. And then see why it’s nickname is Crack Dip.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP INGREDIENTS
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast)
- 1 jar Marzetti’s blue cheese or ranch (I used about 3/4 of the jar.)
- 1/4 cup Nance’s buffalo wing sauce mild
- 1 8-oz.pkg. cream cheese softened (I used about half of the package.)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Frank’s Original
- ¼ (4 oz.) cup water
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (or ½ packet of dried ranch dip mix)
- optional: 1 (4oz.) can diced green chiles
For BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP:
- Boil chicken until tender (let cool). (I roasted and pulled the chicken from the bone and removed the skin. Then I shredded it.)
- Then shred or chop finely.
- Mix together dressing and Buffalo sauce.
- Use Tabasco sauce to fire it up to your desire.
- Spread cream cheese in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix chicken into the dressing. Then pour the chicken mixture over cream cheese evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180C) for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with tortilla chips.
For KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP:
In Instant pot:
- Boil chicken breast. If you’re using an instant pot, cook for 15 minutes on the MEAT/STEW function with Franks Original and water, shred when it’s done. Remove from the instant pot.
- Add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and ranch dressing, stirring until cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the shredded chicken back to the pot. Stir until everything is combined. If you want, add in green chiles.
- Top the dip with blue cheese crumbles sliced green onions, and serve with Keto Tortilla Chips, celery, keto crackers, keto bread, cheese crips or pepper slices.
Without instant pot:
- If you’re boiling the chicken in the regular pot, remove the skin and bones, shred the chicken and boil it until tender.
- Mix together ranch dressing and Frank’s original. Add in shredded chicken.
- In a 9×13 baking dish spread the cream cheese and shredded cheddar over the bottom.
- Pour the chicken mixture over cheese evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F (180C), then let it cool and serve.