I watched Ina Garten make this Cheddar Dill Cornbread on an episode of Barefoot Contessa and knew right away that I wanted to try Ina Garten Cheddar Dill Cornbread. I really like cornbread but don’t make it too often. I thought the combination of cheddar and dill was interesting, so I whipped it up and I am so glad that I did! I ended up eating it for breakfast for part of a week!! 😉
The only thing I changed was to make half of the recipe. The full recipe is below. I did bake it in a smaller pan and for about 20 minutes. It worked out just fine! The next time that I make this I might actually add more dill…but I really like dill, so that’s just me.
Ina Garten Cheddar Dill Cornbread Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease the pan
- 8 ounces aged extra-sharp Cheddar, grated, divided
- 1 cup minced fresh dill
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, butter, and milk. Stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until most of the lumps are dissolved (use a non-stick spatula or a wooden spoon). Don’t overmix!
- Add 2 cups of the grated Cheddar and the dill, mix well and leave it at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease your baking pan (I used a 9 x 13 by the 2-inch)
- Transfer the batter to the pan, smooth the top. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until a cake tester, or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.