I saw this recipe in Better Homes & Gardens magazine and knew that I would enjoy these…even if they had zucchini in them! It turned out delicious!
Carrot, Zucchini and Potato Cakes Ingredients
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1-1/2 lb. baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray nonstick spray onto 2 small baking sheets; set aside.
- In a colander drain zucchini; You can press zucchinis to squeeze out excess liquid.
- In a large bowl combine zucchini, potatoes, carrot, flour, 1 of the eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In extra-large nonstick skillet heat half of the oil over medium heat.
To make a pancake:
- Spoon an about 1-cup portion of potato mixture into skillet pan. Press to form even surface and round edges using the back of a spatula.
- You can cook 2 pancakes at a time, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden brown (turn once).
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and place in oven until all cakes are made.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and potato mixture.