I love Garlic Roasted Chickpeas so much that I want everyone to try them! They are such a healthy little snack – a great alternative to chips or pretzels. They are crispy on the outside and soft & chewy on the inside. I like them best warm from the oven but they are just as good the next day.
I like my roasted chickpeas with olive oil, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and a little cayenne for spice. You can spice these any which way, though. That’s the beauty of them! You could probably even use cinnamon and sugar to make them a little sweet. I haven’t tried them like that, but I might have to! Definitely give these a try the next time you are looking for an easy snack!
- 1 12 oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder, more or less to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread chickpeas on a large baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. Be sure that chickpeas are in a flat layer.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, check chickpeas for the desired doneness. Shake pan to move chickpeas around.
- Continue to bake for another 15 minutes, checking after every 5 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before eating.