I stumbled across these Buffalo Chicken Tacos as I was making a grocery list and quickly added the needed ingredients to the list. I am not one bit sorry that I made these. They were amazing – so amazing, in fact, that I had them twice in one day! The spicy chicken complimented perfectly by the blue cheese, the cool lettuce with the super fresh cilantro, and green onions made for a perfect lunch and dinner.
In all honesty, Buffalo Chicken Tacos made me even more anxious for fall and football so that I can indulge in chicken wing dip in copious amounts. 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Tacos Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼-½ cup Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank’s)
- ~8 4-inch flour tortillas
Toppings: cilantro, shredded lettuce, blue cheese, green onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, avocado, ranch dressing, additional wing sauce
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Add chicken to hot pan and brown on all sides, cooking until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked, 6-7 minutes total (depending on the size of chicken pieces). When the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and toss with ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce, adding more if needed to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Build tacos using any combination of toppings and chicken.