The occasion to make this Brownie Blizzard can be anything – from birthday to a virtual baby shower (Hi, new normal!). I’m a big brownie lover so I decided to make brownie Blizzards to try.
The recipe is insanely simple: Ice cream. Chocolate sauce. Brownies. Done.
You can make all of the components at home or you can buy them pre-made (which is for someone as impatient as I am when it comes to sweets).
Ingredients for Brownie Blizzard
makes 4-6 8 oz. cups of brownie Blizzards
- 1-quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- ~1/4 cup chocolate syrup, more or less to taste
- splash of milk, if necessary
- 1 (9×13-inch pan) of brownies
- Chop brownies into ½-inch pieces and place them on a freezer-safe plate. Freeze until solid.
- Using a blender, combine vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, working in batches if necessary. Add a splash of milk if ice cream is too thick to blend.
- Remove ice cream from blender to a large bowl and stir in half of the brownie pieces, reserving half for garnish.
- Ladle into desired serving dishes and place in freezer until ready to serve. Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving so that they are soft enough to eat with a spoon.