I have a newfound love for brisket. Yes, I realize that it sounds impossible, but I didn’t actually cook it before. It is such a great cut of meat that I have made it several different ways. All in the Crock-Pot, though! Here we go with Leftover Brisket Tacos.
The Crock Pot. I have one. I’m not a huge user of it, though. Unless it’s for brisket, apparently. I do love to just throw it in there and let it go! It’s so great for a crowd, too.
I served these tacos on soft, flour tortillas, with guacamole, salsa, lime and sour cream. So good! We ate them for several days and I didn’t even get tired of them. That is huge for me. I don’t really love leftovers.
If do not have leftover brisket, don’t worry, I’ll share the brisket recipe too.
Leftover Brisket Tacos Ingredients
- 1 beef brisket (2-3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- sour cream
- bell peppers
You can also add cheese.
If you have leftover brisket:
- In a saucepan over medium heat saute peppers, and onions with oil for about 5 minutes until softened. Set aside and wipe out the pan.
- Take 1 part of leftover brisket and roughly chop it, heat it in a pan with tomatillo salsa for 5 minutes. You can also reheat brisket in the oven (sliced for 20-25 min, the whole thing for about 45 min)
- Spread heated and chopped meat over tortillas, add sauteed peppers, onions, lettuce. Serve with toppings (sour cream, salsa, guacamole).
If you DON’T have leftover brisket:
- Place brisket in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with onion, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Cook the meat and veggies covered on low for 4.5 – 5 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Layer the meat and toppings off-center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll-up.