If you have some bananas or sour cream that are about to go bad, make some Banana Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins! Basically, you can use any berries, I suppose, but I tried the blueberries, and muffins were delicious!! They were so moist and flavorful, and if you will add cinnamon & sugar, you’ll get a real treat.
You must to eat them fresh, as it is super good, but you can also freeze some and use them later for easy breakfast or to take in a trip – a nice tip, right?
Banana blueberry sour cream muffins Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup (or so) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
You’ll also need:
- 12-cup muffin tin (easy to buy, like 10 bucks on Amazon) or paper baking cups, or silicone baking cups.
- 2 large bowls
- a cake tester (you can use a wooden toothpick instead)
Always use all ingredients room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180C).
- Grease the muffin tin or line it with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg and add sugar.
- Continue whisking until thick. Add the melted butter in two or three additions.
- Whisk in the sour cream in two additions, then add mashed banana.
- Add the vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients; gently fold with a spatula. Before everything is mixed, carefully fold in the blueberries being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the tops are lightly golden.
- While the muffins are still warm, dip the tops in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon and sugar.
- Let cool completely on a rack.