Taco Night – I love tacos! Or I should say, I used to love tacos. Then I fell out of love with the taco seasoning packet and hadn’t found a suitable replacement…until now. This recipe came to me in an E-mail Recipe Exchange. I was so excited! I can’t really give proper credit because I don’t know the person, but I think her name was Shannon, so thank you!
Below is the seasoning recipe for the ground beef. I used 1 lb and it was the perfect amount.
Beef Taco Seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/3 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and salt & pepper to taste.
2. Mix chili powder through red pepper flakes.
3. Add ground beef to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Add seasoning mix.
4. Cook through.
**There was no fat to drain from this package of meat. Just watch your pan and drain if necessary.**
5. Assemble tacos the preferred way and enjoy!