Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade – I can’t really begin to describe how delicious this treat of a drink is. The fresh strawberries, homemade lemonade, and sparkling water all come together to create a euphoric experience. I know that sounds dramatic but it’s true. It’s that good and worth the effort.
I made this for a dinner party because one of our friends is pregnant and wanted to offer her something besides soda or water. In turned out that all of us ladies enjoyed this so much that we never even opened a bottle of wine. Then I made another batch for James and I the next day. This sweet and bubbly drink is sure to please – give it a try!
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
For the strawberry syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. cold water
For the lemonade:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1-1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 1/2 cups cold sparkling water
1. To make the strawberry syrup, combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and water in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour through a sieve into a medium bowl to remove the seeds. Press down on the strawberry mixture to remove as much liquid as possible.
3. To make the lemonade, combine the hot water and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir to dissolve the sugar and add the lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
4. When ready to serve add the sparkling water to the strawberry lemonade and rub a piece of a lemon wedge around the rim of a glass. Dip the glass in sugar and then fill with ice, and then the lemonade. Garnish with fresh strawberries or lemon slices, as desired. Serve immediately.
Note: You could also add the sparkling water to the glasses individually if you don’t think all of the strawberry lemonade will be consumed.
from Pink Parsley.