Quick & Easy Caesar Vinaigrette Salad – I know most of the United States is going through a massive heat wave right now and although I don’t mind turning on my oven for cupcakes, it’s the last thing I want to do for lunch!
I love salads normally and being pregnant is no different (at least now that I’m feeling better). This is a great, light, quick salad that comes together in minutes and has all the flavor of a great Caesar salad but without the hassle of raw eggs.
The vinaigrette is full of classic flavor but less so on the guilt. You can easily add chicken to this and make it a dinner time meal.
Quick & Easy Caesar Vinaigrette Salad
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 head romaine heart, chopped
- 2 cups radicchio lettuce, sliced
- Freshly grated Parmesan
1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine pepper, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients (through anchovy paste) and shake vigorously.
2. In individual bowls, add romaine and radicchio, then top with desired amount of vinaigrette. Top each serving Parmesan.
adapted from Cooking Light.