Goat Cheese & Vegetable Pizza – I love that pizza dough is really just a vehicle to shovel cheese and vegetables (or whatever combination you choose) into your mouth. I also love that you can put almost anything on a pizza and it will most likely taste great. That is exactly how this pizza came to be. I had a lot of vegetables that needed to be used up and also half a log of goat cheese that was screaming to go along with the vegetables on a pizza.
I was happy to make the dough because I like to have an extra ball or two in the freezer anyway. (As always, I used Annie’s recipe.) I hate it when the mood for pizza strikes and I don’t have any dough in the freezer or the time to make it.
Have fun creating new pizza combinations!
Goat Cheese & Vegetable Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 small log goat cheese
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Once heated, place pizza stone in the oven and heat for 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, roll out dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal.
3. To assemble pizza, mix 2 tbsp. olive oil with garlic clove and salt & pepper. Brush dough with oil mixture. Add toppings in any order. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Carefully slide parchment paper and pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!