Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – Yay! I won an award! D is for Dinner awarded my blog with the One Lovely Blog Award. Aww, so nice!! Thanks! It’s wonderful to be recognized for something that I love to do! 🙂 And now I get to share the love with blogs that I enjoy!
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award, and his or her blog link
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for the award.
- Delicious Meliscious
- Food Blogga
- Food alla Puttanesca
- For the Love of Cooking
- Vintage Victuals
- Picky Palate
- Apple a Day
- Lauren’s Kitchen
- A Year in the Kitchen
- Big City Cooking
- Carrie’s Sweet Life
- Cook Like a Champion
- A Taste of Home Cooking
- Macaroni and Cheesecake
And now for a regular post:
This was such a delicious casserole!! Although we didn’t think it really tasted like chicken cordon bleu, we agreed that it tasted great!!
This wasn’t exactly a super fast dinner to make because I had to cook the chicken, which I like to roast for things like this. I also had to cook the rice and I used brown rice. That takes a little while, too. It was definitely worth it in the end and it made enough for a few meals. That’s a plus!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
from Lauren’s Kitchen
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used red, green and yellow peppers.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb diced ham
- 2 c cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice.)
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- 1 c shredded mozzarella or swiss
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Heat oil in a large, rimmed skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the onions, celery, and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender.
4. Then add the garlic, chicken and ham and cook for another 5 minutes until heated through.
5. Add the butter until it is melted, then stir in the flour, salt and pepper until combined.
6. Slowly stir in the chicken broth, then mix in the rice.
7. Transfer mixture to a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with your cheese.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.