Blueberry Muffins – The miniature variety!
I decided at the last minute to be a team player and bring something for breakfast for our Teacher Workday on Monday. I had blueberries in the freezer that needed to be used, so out came the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and I had muffins in just a few minute.
I doubled the recipe (below is the original) and made them in mini muffins tins. I cooked them for 8-10 minutes and they came out nicely. The color is funny but I guess that’s just from using frozen blueberries. Hopefully no one will mind. Beggers can’t be choosers! 😉 (Just kidding.)
from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cooking oil
- 3/4 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Make a well in the center.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil.Add egg mixture, all at once, to the flour mixture.
5. Stir until moistened.
6. fold in blueberries.
7. Grease muffin cups, or line with paper bake cups; fill each 2/3 full.
8. Bake at 400 degrees F.for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. (This is for regular size muffin tins. I used mini muffin tins and baked for 8-10 minutes.)
9. Remove from pans; serve warm with butter.